Updated November 24, 2023.
1. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer through web pages. They are tools that play an essential role in the provision of numerous services of the society of Information. Among others, they allow a web page to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on The information obtained can be used to recognize the user and improve the service offered.
2. TYPE OF COOKIES AND PURPOSES OF USE
Depending on who is the entity that manages the domain from which the cookies are sent and processes the data obtained, two types can be distinguished:
- Own cookies : Those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies : Those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
In the event that the cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies.
There is also a second classification according to the period of time they remain stored in the client’s browser, which may be:
- Session cookies : Designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that only interested in keeping for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (eg a list of purchased products).
- Persistent cookies : The data remains stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification with six types of cookies according to the purpose for which they are used. process the data obtained:
- Technical cookies : Those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist there, such as, for example, controlling traffic and communication. of data, identify the session, access restricted access parts, remember the elements that make up an order, carry out the purchase process of an order, make requesting registration or participation in an event, using security elements while browsing, storing content for broadcasting videos or sound or sharing content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies : They allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined based on a series of criteria on the user’s terminal such as the language, the type of browser through which the service is accessed, the regional configuration from which the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis cookies : They allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze of the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The Information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, applications or platforms and to prepare navigation profiles of the users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of user usage data from service.
- Advertising cookies : They allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of advertising spaces.
- Behavioral advertising cookies : They store information on user behavior obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising on function of it.
3. DEACTIVATION OR DELETION OF COOKIES
You have the option to allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer using configuring the options of the browser installed on your computer. By disabling cookies, some of the available services may no longer be operational. The way to disable Cookies is different for each browser, but usually it can be done from the Tools or Options menu. You can also consult the Help menu of the browser where can you find instructions. The user may at any time choose what cookies you want to work on this website.
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring the options of the browser installed on your computer:
If you use any other browser, please refer to your browser’s official documentation.
In addition, you can also manage the cookie store in your browser through tools such as the following:
4. WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES DOES THIS WEBSITE USE?
https://plantascontinental.com/ displays information about its Cookies Policy at the bottom or top of any portal page with each login.
Given this information, it is possible to carry out the following actions:
- Accept cookies: This notice will not be displayed again when accessing any page of the portal during this session.
- Modify/personalize your settings: You can obtain more information about what cookies are, learn about the Cookies Policy of: https://plantascontinental.com/ and modify your browser settings.